“Siri, please find the best café with the finest brunch meals near me.”
If you want your business to be the first thing Siri recommends to this customer, then you should definitely get listed in Apple Maps.
Why Apple Maps?
You might have probably started creating a Google My Business Page, which is a great way to build your online presence. Like local search platforms, online maps services can also give your local search rankings the boost you need, drive more sales, and increase traffic. One of these mapping services you might want to take advantage of is Apple Maps.
According to a report by The Associated Press, Apple’s online mapping service is receiving over 5 billion map-related requests every week. This presents a huge opportunity for businesses to increase online exposure and to establish authority in your local service area.
So how to list your business in Apple Maps? Follow these steps.
- Go to the Apple Maps Connect website. Then log in with your Apple ID or create one if you don’t have one yet.
- Once you’re logged in, you will be taken to the Small Business menu. Click the “Add My Business” link below.
- You will be directed to a field where you will need to enter your business information and location. If your business appears in the list of search results, click it. If it doesn’t, choose “Add New Place”.
- You need to provide the following information:
- Place name – the name of your business
- Place status – either your business is “open” or “moved or closed”
- Phone number
- Apple Pay – either “Accepted” or “Not Accepted”
Make sure the phone number is correct and active. Apple will call your number and provide you with a 4-digit verification code. There is also an option to “verify later”.
- Once you have verified your information, you will be requested to provide location details. This will prompt a map to appear. You will need to move the red pin to your exact location. When you’re done, click “Next.”
- Apple will ask you to specify your business’ open hours.
- Hang on, we’re almost there! Provide the links to your website, social media accounts, and other listings. If your business has an app, you can also add the link to your app on Apple iTunes. Click “Next.”
- Review your business information and click “OK” when you’re done. You will receive a notification if Apple comes across any issues with the information you provided. Then click “Submit for Review.” Approval of Apple Maps listings usually takes a week at most.
Make it a habit to review your information every 3 months at the least. When you rebrand or move to a new location, you will need to update your Apple Maps listing accordingly, just as you do with Google My Business. If you need help in adding your business to Apple Maps, get in touch with us and we’d be happy to give you a hand.