Ahoy. Haley Here.
Designing a logo sounds like an easy enough task, yeah? No. No it’s not. There is more to creating a logo than just placing the name in a circle and calling it a day. Quality logo designers are in high demand, and for good reason. A logo is a company’s first impression, one that can impact a customer’s brand perception, purchase decisions and overall attitude toward a product or business.
Here’ my top 5 tips for designing a successful logo…
- Keep it simple stupid – a logo must be simple. A simple logo allows for easy recognition and allows the logo to be versatile and memorable. I love simplicity.
- Unforgettable, that’s what you are – a logo must be memorable. Following closely behind the principle of simplicity is that of memorability. An effective logo should be memorable and this is achieved by having a simple yet effective logo.
- Immortality is cool – a logo must be enduring. An effective logo should endure the test of time. The logo should be ‘future proof’, meaning that it should still be effective in 10, 20, 50+ years time.
- Flexibility – a logo must be versatile. An effective logo should be able to work across a variety of mediums and applications.
- Because that’s the point – a logo must be appropriate. How you position the logo should be appropriate for its intended purpose.
Check out our favorite Logo Design Love: A Guide to Creating Iconic Brand Identities, 2nd Edition for more amazing logo design tips. And check out our latest designs.